Facebook Ads, as the name suggests, are paid social campaigns which operate solely on the platform of Facebook, both on its application and website. On the other hand, Google Ads are basically search oriented aps which display on Google and other websites. Both Facebook Ads as well as Google Ads operate on the principle of pay per click (PPC) ads. However, the working procedure and platforms differ and target users at different stages.
Factors of comparison
Following are the basic aspects which serve as the grounds for difference between Facebook Ads and Google Ads
1. Goal of ad campaign
Before preparing the ad campaign, it is quite natural to decide the core of the accomplishment of it. The main purpose of an ad campaign can either be about lead generation or brand awareness. Depending on the type of goal of the ad campaign, you need to decide between Facebook ads and Google ads.
For product awareness, the Facebook Ads work much better with better visual representation. It is perfect for those customers who are at the top or near the top of the funnel – that means, they are close to making a product purchase.
On the hand, Google Ads work better when it comes to lead generation based on the demand generated. It has a better reach to users who have a basic intent of purchasing at the initial levels of funnel. It creates a better anticipation around the product, which leads to more searches about it.
Depending on the level of funnel when it comes to purchasing, both Facebook Ads and Google Ads work differently.
2. Budget of ad campaign
The core goal of an ad campaign is to have maximum possible return for the amount spend on it. Both Facebook Ads and Google Ads are great solutions for it, however, they work in different directions and use different types of budget planning to achieve this goal.
The base of expenditure for Google Ads depends on the amount spent by competitors on keyword allocation. If you are looking to purchase those keywords which demand high cost per click (CPC) and you have a small operating budget, Google ads are not something for you. However, Facebook ads can have a better and bigger reach in the same amount, with different strategies and experiments for your target audience.
There are a number of PPC tools available in the internet, on the basis of which you can find out the most optimum budget allocation for keyword and customer base, thus leading to the best possible ROI from either Google Ads or Facebook Ads.
3. Historical and competitor data
Either Facebook Ads or Google Ads, it is better to have an analysis of the previous data for preparing the next strategy. One must be aware of what all strategies and types of ad campaigns which has worked in the past for him/her. This serves as the benchmark or reference for future strategies.
If your previous strategies were aligned towards the lower end of the funnel of purchase, you can focus more on brand building and product awareness. This is more productive in Facebook Ads. However, if you feel that more work has to be done in lead generation or customer base formation, Google ads are more preferable.
Benefits of Facebook Ads:
- Highest return of investment (ROI) – The ever increasing number of active users of Facebook, which has crossed over 2.7 million users monthly, has resulted in a large growing audience. This makes a huge customer base for better projection of your ad campaign, thus resulting in maximum possible ROI.
- Granular targeting capabilities – The Facebook Ads allow the marketers to have a reach to users based on the search and using behavior, interests and demographics, which leads to optimum results.
- Better click through rate (CTR) – Thanks to a wider and open audience, one gets a better click through rate though a Facebook Ad.
Benefits of Google Ads:
- Better features – In its latest form called Google AdWords, the Google Ads offers a variety of features for enhancing click through rates, such as comprehensive information collected, mobile optimization and reviews.
- Easier remarketing – If you want to reconnect with your existing customer base, Google Ads are easier platforms to operate. The already collected data of the person searching for a product, irrespective of the fact that the person has completed his/her purchase or not, can be used by Google for further re-engagement. This can be done on Google or any other related platforms, such as Youtube.
- Simpler interface – The overall interface and associated features, such as search term report and insights of Google Ads are simpler to operate or analyze.
Given the advantages of both Facebook Ads and Google Ads at different stages, it is safe to say that a perfect combination of techniques and features of both can serve as the most optimum solution for a wholesome ad campaign.